Monday, October 10, 2016

Beyond Boobs! "Breast" Ball Golf Tournament

Written by Jamie McAllister

As the owner of McAllister Writing & Editing, it is a great privilege to be able to volunteer my time and talents with Beyond Boobs!, a nonprofit based in Williamsburg, Virginia. The group is dedicated to helping young breast cancer survivors enjoy every moment of their lives post-diagnosis. I interview those the group serves, known affectionately as “Boobers,” and I also speak with their friends and family members, as well as volunteers, donors, and medical personnel. I share their stories on the blog to spread the word about the great work Beyond Boobs! is doing in the world.

Each spring the group holds a golf tournament to raise funds for their mission, and I often join them at Ford’s Colony Country Club in Williamsburg. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming, and hanging out at the event gives me the chance to meet the folks I speak with for the blog in person. I also get the chance to hang out with the Good Health Fairy as she uses her sassy style and eye-catching attire to spread the group’s message of love and hope! 

No comments:

Post a Comment